Happy Girl Scout Volunteer Appreciation week!
We couldn’t support Girl Scouting here in New Hampshire and Vermont without the hard work, time, and talent of our dedicated volunteers. So this week, we’re celebrating you. Whether you’re a troop leader, a community volunteer, a board member, or a cookie mom/dad: thank you!
Not a volunteer and looking for a way to say thanks? Here are some ideas:
- Pick up something special at Our Store – we’ve got great gift options for any GSGWM Volunteer!
- Give them a picture of your Scout or the whole troop with a note attached
- Share a house plant or a new garden plant
- Bake a yummy treat (don’t forget to check for allergies!)
- Have your Scout write a note with one of the shareable cards on our website
- Help the whole troop pick a song to sing or create a thank you skit
- Take to social media- post one of our cards on Facebook or Twitter during this special week. Don’t forget to tag @girlscoutsgwm and use the hashtag #NVW15!
Mark your calendar for Girl Expo 2015: Everything Exciting for Girls—Saturday, May 2, 10 AM to 4 PM at Southern New Hampshire University in Manchester, NH. The area’s ONLY expo for girls will feature over 100 exhibitors, fun and informative break-out sessions, a Girl Scout museum and fashion show, main stage shows, a live radio broadcast by WZID and more! Attendees are invited to climb an outdoor rock climbing wall provided by Evolution Rock and Fitness, check out Highland Mountain Bike Park’s interactive ride zone, or learn new skills at one of Home Depot’s many workshops. Come with your troop, come with your family, or come with your friends. You DON’T want to miss this one!
Purchase now and save! Advance tickets for Girl Scout members are just $3. Tickets purchased at the door are $5. Click on this link to get your tickets today!
Want to be one of our Girl Scout fashion show models? Contact Carrie Green at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Announcing our first ever council-wide Take Action Project!
Join Girl Scouts throughout New Hampshire and Vermont to take action to make the environment a better place. Plan your Take Action Project: Green Up! project for April 1 – June 30, 2015 now!
Projects will focus on meeting the Take Action criteria of solving a root cause of a problem, planning for sustainability, educating and inspiring others.
The Stewardship Network: New England will help girls partner with environmental organizations to find opportunities to help nature. Adults can sign up their girls for an event with an environmental organization on The Stewardship Network: New England’s website.
Choose from 3 options below for a Green Up! Project:
- Garlic Mustard Removal
- Learn to identify and remove this invasive species
- Community Partner Event
- Join a project in New Hampshire or Vermont planned by The Stewardship Network: New England partners
- Plan your own environmental take action project using the Age Level Requirements
Find out more on our website or sign up here!
We’re very pleased to add this blog to our social media accounts. Check back here for inside information, updates about what’s happening across our council, articles from staff and volunteers, Girl Scout tips, and much more!
Looking for a different social media experience? Our other accounts are linked at the left.
Facebook: Updates daily with fun content, program spotlights, contests, photo albums, and more.
Twitter: News flashes, useful information, tips and tricks!
Pinterest: Boards on every Girl Scout Journey, with additional inspiration for SWAPS, Crafts, Camping, Cookies, and more.
YouTube: Informational videos, interviews, and more!
Instagram: Behind the scenes pictures, contests, and Girl Scout photos.
Tumblr: Photo albums and Girl Scout inspiration for our girl members.
LinkedIn: Whether you’re looking to connect with us professionally, or hoping to interact with other GSGWM Alumnae, we’ve got options for you!